Social Media Marketing For Higher Education
In the new digital age, social media marketing has become a key component in nearly every organization’s digital marketing arsenal. With the massive surge of users to social media sites (ie. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc…), social media marketing is no longer an added bonus; it is a requirement. Several billion people are active on these social media websites monthly, and this presents an enormous opportunity to increase brand awareness, drive valuable traffic, and ultimately drive sales numbers to newly created benchmarks. Social media marketing incorporates both content marketing on the social media websites and paid advertising on these robust networks.
Social Media Advertising
Along with advertising on the Google Adwords and BingAds networks, social media advertising is rapidly growing as one of the major forms of advertising directly to the consumer. Virtually all social networking websites have an advertising platform that can be utilized to reach a more targeted audience than we ever thought possible. Some of the advertising networks we can run ads on include Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. People who use these networks store various personal information about themselves, including(but not limited to), location, likes/interests, age, gender, marital status, etc… With this data, we can setup our ad campaigns to target on a much granular level than search engine advertising can currently offer.
Social Media Management
At Edufficient, we understand the only way to attract engagement on social media is to
- Create compelling content that’s going to interest the audiences you’re trying to engage with (i.e. prospective students).
- Provide some reason that they’d want to share it within their social networks.
It is now generally accepted that a strong Social Media presence is essential for the success and continued growth of any brand. A strong social presence not only helps with branding and traffic generation, but it is an integral part of any Search Engine Optimization campaign. The Edufficient team will create or build on the social media presence of your organization, and help display your brand in an effective manner to appeal to your target audience.
Some of the benefits of Social Media Marketing:
- Improved branding helps increase Click Through Rate in PPC ad campaigns
- Your website will gain backlinks which aide in Search Engine Optimization
- The increased exposure will drive additional traffic to your website
- We can help maintain your presence on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn, and various other social networking websites